Global Dynamic Systems
(GDS Engineering R&D | GDS)
Established in 2014, GDS Engineering R&D offers products and services to the transporation industry with the academic background and vision.
The vision of GDS started earlier than that. Our personnel has been providing engineering services in various defence programs and projects and educational services since 1997. Established by Dr Ismail Cicek, GDS now provides engineering services and products to the industry with a small team of engineers and managers of seven (7), academic consultants or part time subject matter experts (SMEs) of more than 10, and part-time associated students of five (5).
Started in the USA, we provide international educational services, test support, or deliver products in various locations in the world, including the main office located in Istanbul, Turkey.
MODERN IMO STCW TRAINING SIMULATORS
We develop and provide engine room simulator to the maritime schools, institutions, and companies. Our modern and effective Engine Room Simulator (ERS), certified by ClassNK in 2020, is already in use by many institutions around the world. Click here to read more about the GDS simulator products. Our simulator development story involves the collaborations with universities, industrial firms and governmental or non-governmental organizations.
ENVIRONMENTAL TEST TRAINING FOR YOUR SUCCESS!
With years of experience in developing defence and aviations systems and environmental test experience, GDS provides training on defense, aviation, and industry test standards. Click here to read more about the details of the systems engineering and test training subjects.
ENVIRONMENTAL TEST, ANALYSIS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
We also provide environmental testing services including the testing of your products to MIL-STD-810H, RTCA-DO-160G, and other military and industry standards. Some of which are vibrations, mechanical shock, low/high temperature, humidity, corrosion (salt spray, salt fog), and drop. We can help reduce your final issues in your product development through experience sharing, testing, or analysis.
We also prodive support to the industrial organisations in their product development or research projects by means of training, consultacies or services.
Our capabilities in desing and engineering solution projects, are, in summary:
- Online Training Courses: We provide online training courses on Systems Engineering related topics, such as MIL-STD-810H Product Testing, RTCA-DO-160G Product Testing, MIL-STD-461G EMI/EMC Testing.
- Mechanical Design: Solid modeling, parts and components desing, system design (i.e., engine parts, pipes, etc) engineering system design (cooling system, hyraulic/pneumatic systems, geabox design, etc.), surface modeling, and so on.
- Engineering Analysis: Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Finite Element Analysis, Fluid-Structure Interaction, Vibration, Shock, and Sound Analysis, Impact Analysis, etc.
- System Simulations: Our firm is developing engine simulators, in which both diesel engine processes and systems and subsystems (turbocharger, air cooler, manifolds, etc.) are modeled and simulated.
- Use of the Ship Engine Room Simulator: Our engine room simulator is complete for educational use. However, it also has high level of research capabilities for use by ship operating agencies for testing and understanding their systems’ behaviors. Our simulator is basically a “twin modal” of your container type ship.
- Machine Learning: With a through study of your plant parameters, we can propose and develop useful periodic reports on how to manage your systems better with problems arising before they actually occur.
GDS Engineering has the infrastructure, knowledge, personnel, and infrastructure and has taken part in international projects or to led projects. GDS has its own Project Management System (GDS-PMS) as well as Quality Management System (GDS-QMS) that help produce various tools and templates for use in project or quality management including risk-based management methods.
Training Communications Form for Registration
or a Specific Request
Please fill out the following form for asking your question or with a registration request. Thank you for your interest in our training programs.
Our firm, consisting of PhDs, senior engineers, and highly skilled managers, are experienced in all phases of product development and project management; requirements, research, planning, design, analysis, testing, certification, and personnel training. We provide engineering and services for your success in your project and company goals.
We utilize engineering software and tools depending on the Project requirements, when needed, for example: -3D CAD and CAM packages: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor -Engineering Analysis and Optimization: ANSYS Fluent and ANSYS Packages, Autodesk Inventor -System Simulation: CATIA -GT-Power Engine Analysis and Simulation Software – SIL and HIL Simulations -LSTC LS Dyna -National Instruments LabVIEW, LabVIEW RT and NI DAQ/Control Hardware -Matlab, C/C++, and other software when needed.
We also develop our own engineering modeling and analysis programs. For example, we have our mathematical models developed for the analysis and simulation of diesel engines. This module helps testing of diesel engines and comparing the results against the simulated baseline system.
Energy Management in Marine Engineering: We understand and can model your marine engineering platform for identifying the deficiences for energy management for your cost saving.
We provide testing and certification services at Istanbul Technical University Marine Equipment Test Center (METC)
In all project test phases, starting from requirements to verification tests, unit tests, integration tests, environment tests, and final/acceptance testing, we can support you. We can plan and test mechanical products, electrical equipment and devices, composite and innovative materials/alloys, Hazardous Materials (HAZ-MAT) packaging, medical equipment, an many other type of products developed in field use in dynamic environments.
We provide test and evaluation training
at your location
at Istanbul Technical University (ITU) Maritime Faculty (ITMF) Campus
in Tuzla, Istanbul.
Our test center, Marine Equipment Test Center (METC) is located in Tuzla, Istanbul. METC provides accredited services for testing prototypes for harsh environments, such as temperature, humidity, drop, tensite, loading, inside pressure, corrosion, etc. We perform tests according to ISO 17025. We are experienced in developing proposals with verification and validation activities. Whether you are developing a device or a piece of software, we are experienced in developing test plans, procedures, and reports. In short we manage your test project wşth a due diligence.
- Testing of Hazardous Material (HAZ-MAT) packages for transportation
(Product testing per ADR Agreement)
- Testing of Marine Equipment and Life Saving Equipment (LSA) (per IMO LSA Code)
- Short Training Courses on Test Planning and Documents, Test Standarts, Testing and Test Management
(Training on MIL-STD-810H, RTCA-DO-160G, MIL-STD-461G, and other standards)
- Vibration and Shock testing.
- Testing of military equipment per MIL-STD-810H (DOD/military test standards)
- Testing of equipment per RTCA-DO-160G (aviation test standards per EASA / SHGM)
- Tensile testing of metals, composites, alloys, straps, etc.
- Surface roughness
- Corrosion testing (MIL-STD-810H, RTCA-DO-160, and including the ASTM sample tests)
- Static load testing
The manager of the METC facility, Dr. Ismail Cicek, have long years of testing experties since 2000s. MIL-STD-810G, RTCA-DO-160, ADR agreement for testing of hazardous packaging materias for transportation, Life Saving Appliances (LSA) Code are some of the standarts that we are experienced with and we do have the labratory with test infrastructure. Recently, testing of big HAZMAT packages (Internmediate Bulk Container, IBC) capability was added.
Additionally, some verification activities can be done using analysis techniques. We can perform Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Fluid-Structure Interference (FSI) analysis in design stage for design verification and optimization.
GLOBAL DYNAMIC SYSTEMS (GDS)
Worldwide, Online, for ‘Groups’ or ‘Individuals’
(per RTCA-DO-160 & MIL-STD-461)
Vibration and Shock